Saturday, August 1, 2009

Joined a new exchange and started a new project

Thank you ladies for allowing me to join the Little House Needleworks exchange. I'm already planning and plotting :)

I started a sampler this weekend to give to some friends for their anniversary. I'm enjoying working on it. It is by Hands To Work and titled - I Wait For The Lord. I am not doing the entire design but instead I'm taking out parts in order to have it completed in time. I'm using a hand dyed silk by Silk 'N Colors named Bronze Age Green.

I need to mail my two exchanges that are completed for The Prairie Schooler and Black Bird Designs. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm a bit overzealous and had one of them stitched before I even received my exchange partners name. Now I just need to get them in the mail box.
The weather has been crazy here in Oregon. We definitely aren't used to 104 degree temperatures! It was actually 90 degrees at 10:00 in morning one day and never went under 75 degrees that night. sigh. I'm afraid that I don't do those temperatures very well. Even my dog is going stir crazy. We are on a streak of 8 or 9 days over 90 degrees right now. The weeds are growing wonderfully in all my flower beds and garden but I refuse to go outside until the weather cools down. Good cross stitching weather though!

No comments: